3.22.2013

Weekending @ 226

What's going on with you guys this weekend?  You already heard me gripe about the weather so I promise I won't subject you to much more of that.  Just know it is in my head.  We have a tradition that is going on two years now called Friday Night Family Party.  Somewhere in that duration it has luckily been shortened to FNFP.  It was the best parenting idea I've ever had.  We usually don't do anything Super Spectacular, but just knowing that all four of us are going to spend some serious quality time together, makes the kids dizzy with excitement and anticipation all week.  Sometimes its themed, if we're approaching a holiday.  Other times we feast on an assortment of appetizers and finger foods.  We've made our own pizzas and subs.  Or, I've let the kids pick whatever they want to eat.  Most of the time they choose Cacio e Pepe, which is fine by me.  Sometimes we build a fort and watch a movie, while we're snuggled into sleeping bags.  Most of the time, it begins with a dance party while we're waiting for Jason to get home.  Other times we venture out to the bowling alley or for a frozen yogurt fix.  We've been ice skating downtown and out to the movie theatre.  Tonight it's sleeping bags, breakfast for dinner, and a movie.  I'm super excited.  Errrr, I mean, they're super excited.  I hope you all have a great weekend.


Tell me she is not the cutest.  I mean, her name is Birdie.  Note to self: take more video!

P.S. Her crown is from here.  I almost got them for my tykes at holiday time, but I changed my mind and decided to gift it to my niece for her second birthday.  Isn't their stuff great?

I'm sorry, did you say coconut bread?  Yes, please.  Lots.

Good basketball watching fare.  Did you fill out a bracket?

My cheeks hurt.

I thought these were an adorable Springtime hostess gift.

TOO good.

I'm seeing polenta all over food blogs.  It's one of Beckett's all-time favorite foods, and mine too.

I almost, almost, almost bought this swimsuit top at Target, yesterday.  I wish I would have.

These animal portraits are so perfect for a nursery.  The lamb is my fave.

This book is definitely on my wish list.  After viewing some of the recipes, I think it's going to be great.

How could these be bad?  All I need is some sunshine!

Cheers!

P.S. Whatever you do, do not take this recipe/method and throw in a handful of Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups.  It's real dangerous.


They're "hunting for leprechauns."  Apparently, he's going in a TJs bag.

My girl lost a tooth.  I nearly fainted, and then cried a little.

My boys.

I've been hungry at breakfast time.










No comments:

Post a Comment